Starring…. Forest Whitaker Alanis Morissette Rosanna Davison Christie Brinkley Jay McGuinness & Zendaya Coleman Rooney Mara Denzel Washington & Mayam Bailik….
Oscar award winning actor, Forest Whitaker, puts on another superb performance in his latest movie, The Butler, where he personally serves our U.S. presidents, spanning the decades from Eisenhower through present day, with the Civil Rights movement heating up as a historical backdrop and context for the story. Fans may not know that he is a committed vegetarian and has been for many years. He is quoted as saying that “life is full of choices and….it was one of the best choices [he's] ever made.” His reasons for adopting a plant-based diet are simple:
•To improve your health (A vegetarian diet can help you to lose weight and avoid health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, and several types of cancer.) •To help the environment •To save animals
Forest’s daughter, True, joined him in filming a public service announcement explaining why they are both saying no to meat. Children see it so clearly—True says, I love animals!” More about Forest Whitaker...
Alanis Morissette has declared that she now eats about 80% vegan and the other 20% is mostly seafood and “a lot of fish.” She may be taking some flack for moving in a backwards direction, slipping away from veganism, but her beliefs are still strongly rooted in food as healing medicine. In the magazine, Energy Times, she praises the benefits of eating a plant-based diet and important books such as “The China Study” and “Eat to Live.” More about Alanis Morissette...
Irish born model and 2003 Miss World, Rosanna Davison, is featured on PETA’s most recent European ad campaign where she promotes their new slogan “Vegans are Red Hot.” Laying nude on a bed of red chili peppers is sure to draw attention from vegans and non-vegans alike as Davison proudly showcases more than just her veganism. Read more about Rosanna Davison
More on...Christie Brinkley, Jay McGuinness of The Wanted, Zendaya Coleman of Shake It Up, Rooney Mara, Denzel Washington, Mayam Bailik....all trending on Vegan American Princess Celebrity Radar....Click here to read the entire story!
Ellen Francis Vegan American Princess Voted #2 in Skinny Scoop's Top 25 Vegan Blogs of 2013
Website: veganamericanprincess.com Twitter: @veganamprincess Instagram: #ellenfrancisLA Click Here to Like us on Facebook
Learning all about living a more vegan lifestyle---food, plant-based nutrition, recipes, restaurants, products, beauty, news, ideas, health---anything related to veganism!
This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.