The La Jolla Y offers a health and wellness programs designed just for Seniors. On Dec. 14, 2012 we are celebrating Seniors by waiving the joining fee for membership. This is a perfect time for the seniors in our community to get active and make a commitment to begin a healthy lifestyle. With the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility; you’re part of a cause.
Senior members like Dr. Phillip R Harris are a large part of our YMCA here in La Jolla. “In my mid 80’s, I use the fitness center and the pool at the Y daily. I especially enjoy watching the young children learning to swim. My visits to the Y contribute to my physical and psychological health and long life!”
Membership Benefits Specially Designed for Active Seniors include:
- State-of-the-Art Facilities, Equipment and Amenities: Newly Remodeled Fitness & Wellness Centers, Outdoor Pool, Sauna and Whirlpools.
- Group exercise classes specially designed for seniors including: Sit and Get Fit, Zumba Gold, Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Water Exercise classes and more.
- Our staff is professionally and nationally-certified fitness experts for the senior population
- We offer
- FREE fitness consultations and orientations
- FREE guest passes each year
- Senior birthday celebrations, book club and more
- SPECIAL RATES on programs, including adult swim lessons, personal training and massage
With a shared commitment to nurturing our seniors, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your Y membership gives you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. One of our members Debbi Courtright states: “Each person strives to be their best. Being healthy is more than something physical. It is to be strong in body, mind and spirit. The Y has helped me to grow and be healthy.”
For more information visit our website at lajolla.ymca.org/membership. Or call us at 858-453-3483, ext 123.