SEA Days at Birch Aquarium are a chance to learn about the ocean and its components.
Monthly events focus on current ocean topics with hands-on exploration, special activities and a chance to interact with Scripps Oceanography scientists.
Programs are included with aquarium admission and take place from 11 a.m.–3 p.m. on the third Saturday of each month through May.
May 19: Breathing in Climate Change
- Celebrate the American Lung Association's Clean Air Month with a climate-themed SEA Day. Uncover the link between air pollution and climate change as Scripps Oceanography researchers bring real-time experiments to this event.
June 16: Boundless Energy
- Get charged up about the future of energy at Birch Aquarium at Scripps! Explore renewable energy sources and decide how you would choose to power the future. Meet our friends from the California Center for Sustainability as they reveal easy energy solutions. Young adventurers can explore hands-on exhibits, make a craft and listen to story time.
July 21: Sharks around the Globe
- Did you know that more than 370 species of sharks swim the world’s oceans? Enhance your knowledge of these spectacular fish and their amazing adaptations through hands-on activities. Meet Scripps scientists studying sharks and learn what you can do to help protect these important predators.
August 18: Bay Day
- Which local San Diego resource is 12 miles long and one mile wide? The San Diego Bay! Come investigate San Diego Bay’s diverse environments and inhabitants and visit with local San Diego non-profits and scientists working in the Bay. Enjoy a Bay-related scavenger hunt and hands-on activities.
These activities are free with admission, which is:
- Adult, 18+: $14
- Senior, 60+: $10
- Youth, 3-17: $9.50
- Children, 2 and under: Free
- Aquarium Members: Free