This revolutionized TV is brought to you by Apple. The device allows you to stream through multiple avenues and saves everything through your iTunes account. Your Apple TV can connect to a whole network of devices and websites, including external speakers, wireless router, iPhone, home computer, iTunes, and the iPad.
Setting up your Apple TV is simple. The instructions that come with the box are easy to follow:
1. When turning on your Apple TV, choose a Wi-Fi Network.
2. Connect to your network
- Type in your network’s password
- After a few seconds, the main Apple TV interface will be revealed on your TV screen
3. Turn on Home Sharing
- Selecting the Computers section will only reveal a ‘Turn on Home Sharing” option.
- Choose it and type in your Apple ID’s username and password (this will also set you up for the iTunes Store)
4. Browse an iTunes Library
- This action will enable your Apple TV to see any iTunes library on your network – as long as you’ve turned on ‘Share my library on my local network in your Mac or PC’s iTunes preferences.
The Apple TV Menu brings up the categories: Movies, Internet, Computers, and Settings.
1. Movies: It can connect to you iTunes account and you can search all types of movies according to genre, name, latest releases, etc. Rent thousands of movies or TV shows and stream them instantly to your TV.
2. Internet: It doesn’t give you full access to the internet but you can watch YouTube videos and listen to hundreds of internet radio stations
3. Computers: If you have more than one computer connected to your local network, each configured to share its iTunes library, they will appear under this menu, however you may only browse one library at a time.
4. Settings: This is where you can manage your iTunes account, set parental controls, enable a universal remote to control your Apple TV and control other general settings for the Apple TV.