Who said green gifts can't be cool? In fact, there are many environmentally friendly and interesting ideas that will make any eco-lover feel even cooler. But not all of us are alike so there are awesome gifts that can satisfy your friend's unique personality and environmentalist at heart.
So is your eco-gift for a...
- Fashionista? For a guy or girl, get an awesome WeWood watch. That's right a wooden watch with no artificial or toxic materials. The watch can't get any more eco-friendly than this. See the whole collection and give a gift of timeless eco-love. And if you want your fashion lover to stay warm this season, gift the Upstate hand-dyed button scarf or their unique wrap. For those with the love for some bling, check out Brilliant Earth for ethical origin fine jewerly (hint for the engaging treehuggers).
- Geek? Any book worm would appreciate the Kindle from Amazon.com. No more wasted paper, piles of books - only more growing trees! Or help your friend or loved one save some energy and gift them a solar or water powered clock. There are many varieties out there that tick with nature. And for those into computers, go for a solar keyboard or compact solar charger.
- Animal lover? Give a gift of adoption. You can adopt a tiger (my personal choice), frog, penguin, walrus, lemur... or really, any other animal. What an awesome gift! And if someone is obsessed with dogs, gift them a cookbook for dogs (or cats). For those cat lovers, check out sushi catnip toys - cute and 100 percent organic (and I am sure the kitties would love it, too).
- Foodie? Get them an easy-to-grow mushroom garden. It's reusable in many ways than one. Not only is it made from recyclable materials, you can have multiple crops of mushrooms. Yum! Or gift an organic herb garden, which any eco-foodie would appreciate. Plus, for those dreaming of their own garden but have no backyard, give them a local CSA membership like Be Wise Ranch to get them exposed to ultra-fresh and in-season veggies and fruits.
- Outdoorsie? If your loved one just LOVES the outdoors, get him a cool Selk'bag. Yes, no more sleeping bags when camping as you can sleep and walk in it. And for them to stay cool during the summer, give the evaporative cooling cap to cheat on the heat wave. Plus, for those who like to be on the road to nature a lot, gift them some cute and reusable utensils that are both light and eco-friendly.
We don't have to just gift plants to be green. There are so many thoughtful ideas that will make a delightful gift with the environment in mind.
What is your ideal green gift?