It’s that time of year when, with the aid of an emerald-tinted beverage, we party like a bunch of little green men. Leprechauns, of course.
With St. Patrick’s Day closer than you can shake a shillelagh at, we want to know about your favorite place to celebrate being Irish for day. There are plenty of pubs, but where do you go to shamrock ‘n’ roll?
Here are a few of our favorite places to meet up with our ould friends, Guinness and Jameson.
- Hennessey’s Tavern always has special promotions nightly and offers special drink choices such as the Jameson Irish Whiskey Tasters, three 1-ounce shots for $15, and the Jager Blaster or Cocky Rooster energy drinks. Dine on the Irish Nachos, Shepherd’s Pie and Irish Bread Pudding. Kids have their own menu choices. 811 Herschel Ave., La Jolla, 858-551-8772.
- Party like your Irish at . A U2 cover band, Desire, will be playing Saturday night. The evening is a fundraising event for the American Ireland Fund. Tickets start at $65 for single tickets and $100 for a pair. Admission to enter after 10 p.m is $20. 909 Prospect St., La Jolla, 858-454-2323.
- is a relaxing spot to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day while enjoying ocean views. Brockton Villa will be serving up reuben sandwiches at lunch, and a traditional Irish lamb stew during dinner service. They will also be pouring mugs of Guinness at the bar. 1235 Coast Boulevard, La Jolla, 858-454-7393.
- will serving up traditional Irish fare for their St. Patty’s celebrations. Their menu includes: Irish lamb stew with roasted toot vegetables, fingerling potatoes and natural jus for $21. They will be serving corned beef and cabbage with hot and sweet mustard, and horseradish crème for $17. The bar will also be pouring perfect Black and Tans. 5662 La Jolla Boulevard, La Jolla, 858-459-0474.
Bonus Event on St. Pat's Day:
- St. Paddy’s Day Swim. On the Saturday, the La Jolla Cove Swim Club will hosts its annual St. Paddy’s Day Swim starting at 9 a.m. at the La Jolla Cove. This is a fun, noncompetitive swim for both those with Irish hertiage and those without. Hope you own a green Speedo. lajollacoveswumclub.org.
And be sure to stay in the local loop by subscribing to our newsletter — every morning we’ll deliver La Jolla news, announcements, blogs and calendar events right to your inbox.