Every month San Diego Councilwoman Sherri Lightner publishes The SpotLight, a newsletter for District 1 residents. This month's highlights included Lightner being selected as San Diego City Council President Pro Tem, helping the homeless and many other district news. District 1 includes La Jolla, Torrey Pines and Carmel Valley.
In addition, the monthly newsletter included neighborhood repairs.
Neighborhood repairs fixed in District 1 in the past month:
- Torrey Pines Road from Girard to Prospect avenues in La Jolla.
- Alley behind 7861 Herschel Ave. in La Jolla.
Cleanups and Repair
- Sidewalk repairs at 7737 Herschel Ave. in La Jolla.
- Hedge trimmed along southbound Soledad Mountain Road at Caminito Blythefield in La Jolla.
Streetlights and Traffic Signals
- Mira Montana Drive street-name sign relocated to improve visibility.
- Tree trimmed to improve visibility of street-name sign for Banfield Lane in Del Mar Heights.
- Tree trimmed at Mango Drive and Minorca Way to improve visibility of street-name sign for Minorca Way (right-hand side of northbound Mango Drive) near Del Mar.
- Overgrown shrubbery trimmed to improve visibility of traffic signal at Portofino Drive and Carmel Valley Road in Carmel Valley.
- Tree trimmed to improve visibility of street-name signs at Larksfield Court and Banfield Lane in Del Mar Heights.
- Tree trimmed to improve visibility of street-name signs at Banfield Lane and Holly-field Court in Del Mar Heights.
- Tree trimmed to improve visibility of "No Outlet" sign on Banfield Lane.