Name: Ms. Peta Lindsay
Place of residence: Los Angeles
Attended college: Yes
College: Howard University
Year of graduation: 2008
Job titles held: NA
Party affiliation: Other
Running for a: Federal office
Running for position: President
Previous elective offices: NA
Unsuccessful bids for elective offices: NA
Address PO Box 2645
Name: Nathalie Hrizi
Title: Campaign Manager
My campaign's ten point program includes the following:
- Make a job a Constitutional right.
- Make free health care, free education and affordable housing Constitutional rights.
- Shut down all U.S. military bases around the world—bring all the troops, planes & ships home.
- Stop racist police brutality and mass incarceration.
- Defend our unions.
- Equality for women and free, safe, legal abortion on demand.
- Full rights for all immigrants.
- Full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- Save the planet.
- End capitalism. Seize the banks.
- Jail Wall Street criminals.
Additional Biographical Information: Lindsay lives in Los Angeles where she remains a leader and is currently pursuing a master's degree in education from the University of Southern California with the goal of becoming a public school teacher.
Born in Virginia, I spent much of my childhood in Philadelphia where, as a middle school student, I became an organizer with the Philadelphia Student Union, a citywide group struggling against racism and for education rights. I was living Washington, D.C., in September 2001.
I was very aware of the ultra-militaristic response of the U.S. government, and the racist demonization of the Muslim and Arab community that was part of the war drive. I soon became a young leader in the new, mass anti-war movement. I began volunteering with the ANSWER Coalition (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) just days after it formed.
For over a decade, I have helped to lead countless demonstrations across the country against imperialist wars, racism, budget cuts, tuition hikes, police brutality, anti-LGBT bigotry, and in support of immigrant rights, women's rights and the Palestinian people's right to self-determination, and has been a tireless advocate for the rights of working people and for socialism.