Every month San Diego Councilwoman Sherri Lightner publishes The SpotLight, a newsletter for District 1 residents. This month's highlights include a , emergency preparedness resources, and a community fire watch.
Neighborhood repairs fixed in the past month:
- Potholes fixed on the 5800 block of Soledad Mountain Road.
- Potholes fixed at Cliffridge Avenue and Scenic Place.
- Potholes fixed at Via Capri and Rue Michael.
- Graffiti removed at Gilman Drive at Interstate 5 southbound ramp.
- A downed parking sign was fixed at Avenida de la Playa and El Paseo Grande.
- Pedestrian signals were fixed at North Torrey Pines Road and Northpark Drive.
Upcoming Events in District 1:
- Oct. 29—Prescription Drug Take Back Day at at 10666 North Torrey Pines Rd. and Lot 705 at Voigt and Campus Point Drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Oct. 29—La Jolla Halloween Festival at the from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Oct. 29—La Jolla Shores Fall Festival at Aveindade la Playa from 1 to 5 p.m.
To read the entire newsletter, click the PDF to the right of this story.