Councilmen David Alvarez and Kevin Faulconer will face off in six debates prior to the city of San Diego's Feb. 11 mayoral runoff election, the campaigns announced Monday.
The forums will begin Jan. 15 and take place twice a week until Jan. 31. Each will be broadcast on television or radio.
Co-hosting the debates along with the broadcast stations will be nine community organizations: Educate for the Future; Cesar Chavez Service Clubs; the Livable Streets Coalition; Mid-City Community Advocacy Network Youth Council; San Diego Center for the Blind; San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council; San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce; San Diego chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists; Senior Community Centers San Diego; and the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center.
The community organizations will offer some of the questions and topics for the candidates to discuss at the debates, with the dates and times as follows:
- Jan. 15 at 1 p.m., presented by 10News and KPBS
- Jan. 17 at 2:30 p.m., presented by KUSI
- Jan. 23 at 6 p.m., presented by NBC7/39
- Jan. 25 at 3 p.m., aired by CW6 at 9 p.m. the following night
- Jan. 30 at 11 a.m., presented by CBS8
- Jan. 31 at 5 p.m., presented by Univision San Diego
Debate locations will be announced at a later time.