Update 9:07 a.m., Sept. 9: Wondering where to buy safe groceries in La Jolla or if the food in your refrigerator is safe? .
Update 1:12 a.m., Sept. 9: Power was restored to at least a portion of La Jolla at 12:58 a.m., Friday.
SDG&E officials report that power is being restored slowly. La Jolla Patch promises not to leave you in the dark. Here is the information we have so far:
- Power has been restored in parts of San Diego. Power restoration will continue in a stepped process through Friday.
- San Diego Unified schools including Bird Rock Elementary, La Jolla Elementary, La Jolla High, Muirlands Middle and Torrey Pines Elementary schools will be closed Friday.
- At approximately 6 a.m. on Friday morning, families of La Jolla Country Day School students will receive a telephone message announcing whether school will be in session.
- Several water pump stations in San Diego have lost power, and precautionary boil-water notices have been issued for several areas including La Jolla.
- Beaches north of Scripps Pier through Del Mar and Solana Beach . As a result of the power outage, an estimated 3.2 million gallons of sewage spilled from the San Diego Metropolitan Wastewater System into the Los Penasquitos Lagoon.
- Only “mission critical” UC San Diego campus employees should report to work Friday. Follow your department’s emergency plan and/or contact your supervisor.
- All UC San Diego Health System hospitals and clinics are open.
- Scripps Hospital La Jolla is open.
- Extra police are on duty.
- The MTS is operating on a reduced schedule.
- San Diego county and city employees should report to work on Friday. Offices will be open.
- City trash services will not be interrupted.
- Only call 911 in the event of a life-threatening emergency.
- For non-emergency information or questions call 211 or the city's non-emergency CAPPS line at 619-570-1070.
- Please limit landline or cell phone use to keep phone lines open for critical calls.
- Be neighborly. Check on your neighbors, especially those who are older or have small children.
- Turn off your air conditioning.
- Do not drive unless you have to.