A look back at the top news stories on the week ending Sept. 3.
Happy Labor Day. If you took a vacation from your news this week, we have this column to bring you up to speed. Sit back, relax and read. Top stories this week include a tip that Dr. Seuss will release a new book later this month, a Q&A with Coastkeeper's new executive director, and a shark sighting in La Jolla.
Click through to the links below to catch up on the busy week.
Here are the 10 most read stories from Aug. 28 through Sept. 3:
1. Reported Shark Sighting in La Jolla
2. Lost Dr. Seuss Stories to Be Published in New Collection
3. Brush Fire Burns an Area the Size of a Football Field in La Jolla
4. Contending Cupcakes: Vote for Your Favorite
5. Photos: 10th Annual Taste at the Cove
6. New Executive Director to Lead San Diego Coastkeeper
7. Photos: Fire Run From La Jolla to Pacific Beach
8. Legendary Surf Forecaster Explains Why Latest South Swell is Biggest in Years
9. College Admissions: The List
10. Apple Consultant Joins La Jolla Home Theater & Automation
1. It is not too late to get out and do some back to school shopping in La Jolla and UTC. Here are some tips from contributor Rebekah Sager: Back-To-School Fashion Finds
2. It is football season! Vikings Fall 27-7 to Sundevils in Season Opener. If have interest in sports reporting or reporting game scores to Patch, please message Patch Sports Editor Bill Zavestoski.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now