At the very top of Santa’s “Nice” list are the caregivers who take care of aging loved ones all year long. They deserve something extra special in their stockings.
What they desire most of all is a gift that will relieve a little of the burden they’ve willingly taken on to make the life of a senior they love more comfortable. According to a recent study by the marketing firm Communispace:
- 40 percent like the idea of someone who could transport their parent to the doctor, sit with them when the doctor gives them a diagnosis and treatment plan, and then report it all to them
- 26 percent like the idea of a combined Senior Center and Child Daycare Center
- 26 percent like the idea of a service to dispense or remind their parents to take their medication
- 22 percent like the idea of a services that would install webcams in their parents' home and their own to let them monitor them
- A "considerable number" of people are looking for more culturally and linguistically appropriate services for their older parents (many of whom don't speak English)
One in four caregivers liked the idea of airline discount offers on multiple trips to the same location, making regular visits to out of town parents easier, or making kids’ flights to see Grandma and Grandpa less expensive.
Over 20 million Americans belong to the caregiver generation between age 30 and 60, often taking care of aging relatives and young children at the same time. They are feeling stretched, overwhelmed, and under-supported. Let’s provide the help and assistance these folks desire and deserve. We can play Santa not just at Christmastime, but also all year long.
InTouch at Home is a Senior Resource Group, LLC (SRG) company. Serving the needs of seniors and their families for more than 20 years, SRG delivers on the promise of exceptional service and quality care each and every day through its 18 communities including La Vida Real (Rancho San Diego) and La Vida Del Mar. For more information, call 858-522-9942 or visit InTouch-at-Home.com.