Beans, beans a wonderful fruit the more you eat, the more protein you get! July 3rd marks Eat Your Beans Day. From Mexican to Japanese food, you can incorporate beans in at least one meal today.
Beans are great for your health; they are rich in fiber and antioxidants. Just in time for bikini season, beans can even help with your waistline. “Beans are digested slowly, keeping you satisfied longer. Plus, beans are low in sugar, which prevents insulin in the bloodstream from spiking and causing hunger,” according to WebMD.
While you’re out shopping for goodies, in the village grabbing lunch, or enjoying a drink at happy hour, try to incorporate beans at least in one meal today.
Here’s a list of some great places to get your bean fix for the day:
- classic edamame appetizer.
- ’ bulk section sells beans by the pound. Bean selection includes dried beans, peas, and lentils.
- Bird Rock Blend of whole coffee beans won 2012 Roaster of the year.
- French Bean is a side dish, sautéed with roasted garlic sauce.
- Bean & Cheese burrito is a sure bet and most entrees are served with refried beans.
- Warm White Bean & Arugula Salad is a refreshing yet healthy choice.
- Chipotle Black Bean side dish is made with chicken broth, smoked jalapenos and spices.
- Vanilla Purist cupcake satisfies any sweet tooth and a portion of the profits supports Breast Cancer Research Foundation.