Aging and Driving: A Complex Combination
Linda Hill, MD, MPH
November 14, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
Liebow Auditorium, Biomedical Sciences Building, UC San Diego
How does the aging process affect driving ability? How to drive safely as you age? How to recognize the danger signs? How to keep your loved ones safe behind the wheel?
Please join us for the public lecture as we welcome Linda L. Hill, MD, MPH, who will present “Aging and Driving: a Complex Combination.” Dr. Hill is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at UCSD, and the Director of the UCSD/SDSU General Preventive Medicine Residency. San Diego Family Care, a Federal 330 Community Health Center, is the site of her clinical activities, as Medical Director 1980 to 2001, and Senior Staff Physician since 2001. She is the Co-Director of the UCSD Injury Epidemiology Prevention and Research Center, and Medical Director of the Refugee Health Assessment Program. She is engaged in prevention research and teaching with current/past support from the NIH, the California Office of Traffic Safety, American Cancer Society, and Health Services Resource Administration, including research in injury prevention, obesity, physician training, and refugee health. Dr. Hill serves as Chair of the Graduate Medical Education Committee for the American College of Preventive Medicine.
Free parking is available by calling (858) 534-6299 AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE to reserve a free parking permit. Attendees may also purchase permits at the parking kiosk on Gilman Drive or park at the metered sites.
- From Interstate 5 North or South: Exit La Jolla Village Drive west.
- Right on Villa La Jolla Drive.
- Left on Gilman Drive.
- Left into Parking Lot 602 (first stop sign); there are four handicap-accessible
spaces in this lot.
- From parking lot, walk toward Medical Teaching Facility (MTF).
- Right through MTF and enter Biomedical Science Building through the glass doors.
- Pass the first hallway and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Exit the elevator and go left; at the end of the hallway, go left.
- Follow signs to Liebow Auditorium, which is the last room on the left.
For more information call 858-534-6299 or visit aging.ucsd.edu
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SteinInstitute