to the rescue! Executive Chef Lance Repp shared a recipe with La Jolla Patch to make your holidays a bit more delicious.
Chef Repp said he selected Prosciutto, Machego and Fig Tartines because they are simple and an extremely flavorful appetizer. And he added they are an easy finger food for the holidays.
"I make fig preserves earlier in the year just for this recipe and I use the best cured ham I can find. Although the dish is cold, the ingredients make the dish stand out. For a twist, use cinnamon raisin bread or something with walnuts," he said.
Prosciutto, Manchego and Fig Tartines
- 4 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves or jam
- 1 (24-inch) baguette, quartered crosswise, then each quarter halved horizontally and lightly toasted
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/4 pound Manchego, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
Stir together butter and fig preserves. Spread mixture on baguette, then make open-face sandwiches with ham and cheese. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper.