Editor's Note: An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that trash service was delayed by one day. Trash will be picked up Monday. The San Diego Mayor's Office incorrectly released information about trash service.
Cesar Chavez Day falls just one day after Easter this year and many offices will be closed and services delayed. Trash will not be collected Monday and all administrative offices will be closed. See the full list of closures below and enjoy the day off.
- Police and Fire emergency crews will not be impacted.
- Station 38 (citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty.
- Trash, yard and curbside recyclables collection for customers served by the Environmental Services Department will be picked up.
- The City’s Miramar Landfill will be open normal hours, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The City’s “refuse/recyclables” container sales office on Miramar Place will be closed.
Specific Closures within the City of San Diego:
- All Administrative Offices will be closed.
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department will be closed.
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices will be closed.
- Tecolote Nature Center will be closed.
- All City recreation centers will be closed.
- All City pools will be closed.
- All libraries will be closed.
- Parking meters, time restrictions for parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced. But red, white and blue zones are enforced.
- The Family Justice Center will be closed on Monday, January 21, 2013. Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 911 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open; holiday rates will apply.
- Balboa Park will be open. Museums that operate on Mondays will be open.