Most say when you go camping or take a nice long hike it’s the best time to turn your phone off and cut off from the world to soak up the piece and serenity of the amazing scenery. But now you can have the best of both worlds and wont want to leave the phone behind with these great apps and accessories to amplify your outdoor experience!
- Cost: $1.99 or upgraded version for $4.99
- Save a tree and get rid of that inconvenient map! This map (or should we say mApp?) comes with GPS coordinates and doesn’t need to be folded. Download your neck of the woods or get unlimited access to any region in the world. The app tracks your trail as you hike, allowing you to place markers at significant points along the way and review your hike duration, distance, pace, and elevation gain at any point. All maps are stored in your phone’s memory, so no reception is no problem. You can even see great photos from "must sees" throughout the hike and the app will tell you how to get there so you can take a photo of your own.
LifeProof iPhone and iPad Cases
- iPhone Cost: $79.99
- ipad Cost: TBA its THAT new to the market!
- Your LifeProof everyday case for iPhone 4 or 4S is sleek, refined, convenient and unobtrusive. LifeProof has made a name for itself as a maker of super rugged iPhone and iPad cases that you can take in the ocean, to the beach, or even to the top of Mt. Everest. The case vacuums against the glass panel on the iPad so that there’s no front screen protector, allowing for the same tactile interaction we’ve all grown so fond of on Apple’s products.
- Plus, you can plug in your headphones using the O-ring sealed headphone adapter, letting you take waterproof headphones into the pool, shower or ocean. (Who wouldn’t want to answer your phone in the middle of a relaxing bath?)
- Now, since the iPad has a capacitive display, the screen won’t work when submerged under water. That’s not to say it can’t be submerged — it would be just fine. But that’s not the point of the case. The point is to feel comfortable using your iPad at the pool or in the tub or in the rain. The LifeProof iPhone case, on the other hand, can be used under water to take pictures because of the physical shutter button (the button on the side).
- The sheer durability of the iPhone case case along with its usability has let people do some crazy things with their iPhones — things that would make any iPhone addict cringe at the mere thought of them — but just take a look (if you dare).
Star Gazer App
- Cost: $2.99
- Scroll through a virtual copy of the sky so that you can better appreciate the real one. Star Gazer maps the sky from your viewpoint, So no matter what direction you may be facing you can find the map for the constellations and planets in front of you by scrolling South, North, East or West on the map. Clicking on stars provides coordinates and more information. It’s an easy way to start learning about astronomy and its great fun for the entire family
Army Survival App
- Cost $1.99
- Now you will never be in fear of ending up on the show I Shouldn’t Be Alive with this great survival app. Don’t take the risk of being desperate and lost for days. If you have the Army Survival Guide on your phone (and a bit of battery life left), then you can get yourself out of any sticky situation. The U.S. Army knows how to train their personnel to survive. Their field manual is the most authoritative guide on survival. This app provides a complete reference guide on basic survival, evasion, first aid and recovery information. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, this app may be essential to your survival.
- Cost: $49.95
- Make any outdoor adventure a party with these collapsible mini stereo speakers that are small enough to fit in your hand. The magnetic base keeps speakers together for transport and has unique vacuum bass design for surprising volume and bass response. The speakers are perfect to use with your computer, iPod, iPhone, or iPad. A simple twist expands the collapsible speakers, which connect easily to any audio device with the included cable.
- Cost: Free
- The Surfline iPhone app is the only surfing application with LIVE streaming HD cams at over 100 breaks in the U.S. and Hawaii. This app provides the most accurate surf reports and forecast up to 5-days in advance for thousands of surf spots worldwide and you have the ability to move quickly between your favorite spots with just a swipe of your thumb.
Now put on your bikini, hiking boots or pack for that weekend camping trip and enjoy these great accessories to make the most out of your adventure wherever it may lead you! Let us know what you think of the apps and toys and if you have any other suggestions we would love to hear them! And if you are interested in any of the products listed above be sure to give us a call to place your order or stop by our showroom! Reach us at 858-750-3177 or lajollahomeaudio.com.