You do not have to cook for Christmas. Numerous La Jolla restaurants will be open on Christmas Day for travelers or locals looking to celebrate by not doing the dishes.
Be sure to call early to make reservations.
Christmas Day Feast at La Valencia
- When: Tuesday from 1 to 8 p.m.
- Price: $75 for adults and $35 for children 12 years and younger. Seating at La Valencia’s Sky Room is $105 per person.
- For Reservations: Call 858-454-0771
Christmas with a View from George’s at the Cove
- When: Tuesday from 2 to 9 p.m.
- Price: Full a la carte menu
- For Reservations: Online or call 858-454-4244
- Menu items: Venison special and Buche de Noelle
Christmas at Hotel La Jolla's Cusp
- When: Tuesday from noon to 8 p.m.
- Price: $48 per person
- For Reservations:
- Menu items: The three-course meal includes Turkey with creamy polenta stuffing and green beans, Coriander King Salmon with celery root puree, roasted cipollini onions and baby fennel, and Eggnog Trifle.
Christmas Dinner at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
- When: Tuesday from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Price: $60 per person for prix fix
- For Reservation: Required. Call 858-964-6516
- Menu items: Crab Bisque; Beef Short Rib Parsnip Puree with Swiss Chard, Winter Vegetables, Zinfandel Glace; and a choice of dessert including Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Candy Cane Gelato, a Red Velvet Yule Log or an Eggnog Cheesecake.
A Beachy Christmas Meal at The Marine Room
- When: Tuesday from noon to 7 p.m.
- Price: A la carte menu
- For Reservations: Call 866-644-2351
- Menu items: Blood Orange Olive Oil Bobwhite Quail Confit, Free Range Veal Medallions, Center Cut Angus Filet Mignon, Warm Butter Pear Torte and much more. Full menu here
Christmas Brunch at The Shores Restaurant
- When: Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Price: Cost is $44 adults, $22 children 6 to 12 years, $4 per year for children 5 and younger.
- For Reservations: Call 866-644-2640
- Menu Items: lam Chowder, Buchmann’s Ranch Poached Eggs Benedict, Slow Roasted Black Angus Beef Steamship, Almond Citrus Zest Crusted Butterfish, Caramel Gingerbread Pudding a children’s station and more.
Also note that A.R. Valentien at The Lodge at Torrey Pines is completely booked for Christmas Day. In addition, Chedi Thai will reportedly be open on Christmas, but did not have set hours at the time of publication.