For Uptown Woofs’ owner Doug Lee and manager Nickie Hudspeth, taking care of dogs is more than a just business, it’s a family affair. The couple recently moved from St. Louis, Mo. where they owned a dog grooming business for the past nine years. Dogs have been a part of the family for much longer than that however.
Hudspeth is a third generation pet industry professional and has 40 years of experience grooming, kenneling, selling, showing and training dogs with her family.
Earlier this year, the pair relocated to San Diego and saw dog-friendly La Jolla as the perfect place to bring their new business.
Uptown Woofs provides full-service bathing and grooming for all dog breeds and a cage-free environment where pets can play and socialize.
For pets with special needs, Uptown Woofs will provide accommodations or private grooming in extreme cases. To schedule an appointment for your dog to visit Hudspeth and Lee, call 858-459-1111 or stop by the shop on Torrey Pines Road.
- Address: 1110 Torrey Pines Rd., Ste. C, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-459-1111
- Website: UptownWoofs.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Uptown Woofs
- Twitter: @UptownWoofs
- Hours: 8 a.m.-last appointment, Monday-Thursday; closed Friday-Sunday
- Payment Accepted: Cash or check
- Parking: Street and two spaces in back lot
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Services: Full-service dog bathing and grooming: shampoo and conditioner, ear cleaning and hair removal, blow dry, nail grinding, eye, feet and sanitary area trimming, haircuts and express anal glands. Extra services: medicated bathing, deep conditioning, flea and tick shampoo and teeth brushing.
- Prices: Tiny toy breeds $30-$55, small breeds $35-$60, medium breeds $40-$75, large breeds $50-$100, x-large breeds $80-$150
- Appointments: Preferred
- Products: Toys, treats and shampoo
- Brands: Nature’s Specialties
- Owner: Doug Lee
- Date Opened: Oct. 5, 2012