Soliant Health, a healthcare staffing firm, announced America’s Most Beautiful Hospital for 2012 on Monday and UC San Diego's Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center made it into the top 10.
The contest is in its fourth year and used almost 170,000 votes to determine the most beautiful list. And beauty definetely has its benefits.
David Alexander, president of Soliant Health said in an the announcement that, “more than a thousand different studies show that when a patient feels more comfortable and less stressed, the healing process is faster.”
In addition, Soliant Health said this about UC San Diego's Sulpizio:
"This world-class cardiovascular center was strikingly-lit in red at night throughout February 2012 to commemorate the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” campaign... A fine gesture for a hospital that looks good in any light.
The Top 10 Most Beautiful
- Martha Jefferson Hospital of Charlottesville, Va.
- Eisenhower Medical Center of Rancho Mirage, Ca.
- LeConte Medical Center of Sevierville, Tenn.
- Miami Childrens Hospital of Miami, Fla.
- Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare of Elmhurst, Ill.
- San Juan Regional Medical Center of Farmington, N.M.
- Health Central Hospital of Ocoee, Fla.
- Orange City Area Health System
- SSM St. Clare Health Center
- UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
To see the complete list of the top 20 most beautiful hospitals, visit Soliant online.