Written by Emily Stanford
The Taco Stand is a new addition to
Pearl Street, which boasts a series of good eats including Wahoo’s Fish Tacos,
El Pescador Fish Market and Pizza On Pearl.
When Ortega’s closed after 13 years in business, Pizza On Pearl’s owner David Mittleman jumped at the opportunity to open another restaurant and replaced it with a similar cuisine.
The Taco Stand offers hand-made tortillas and unique flavors, including camaron (spicy shrimp) and nopal (flame grilled cactus), as well as made-to-order hot churros. In addition, they have La Jolla favorites such as the California burrito and carne asada. Opt for either the street tacos or the burritos (bring your appetite, the burritos are huge) and pick your own salsa from the colorful salsa bar.
The Taco Stand
- Address: 621 Pearl St., La Jolla 92037
- Phone: 858-551-6666
- Website: thetacostandlj.com
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Menu: thetacostandlj.com/menu
- Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian options
- Hours: Mon.-Thu. 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Payment: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, debit and cash
- Parking: Street
- Accessibility: Ramp
- Seating: Indoor, some outdoor benches
- Price: $
- Date Opened: Nov. 12, 2013
- Owner: David Mittleman