Want some cheese with that wine? What about beer?
Well you can this evening at , The hotel’s restaurant, Whaling Bar and Grill, is holding a special tonight for just $20.
This monthly class is for beer aficionados and cheese mongers of all kinds. Participants will learn the art of pairing from La Valencia’s resident beer cicerone, Tanya Schmidt. The class is interactive and will teach the art of pairing artisanal cheeses with locally crafted beer. Featured pairings include:
- House Made Pretzel Bites with Karl Strauss Woodie Gold Pilsner
- Red Dragon Mustard Seed and Welsh Brown Ale Cheddar Cheese with Tilburg’s Dutch Brown Ale
- Cahill’s Porter Cheese with Lost Coast's 8 Ball Stout
- Triple Cream Brie with Dogfish Head's Apricot Beer
- Rogue Caveman Bleu with North Coast's Old Stock Ale
Is your mouth watering yet? Sip your suds and chow down on cheese tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the hotel. Cost for the class is only $20, excluding tax and gratuity. Call 858-551-3761 and make your reservations for this tasty event.