A new La Jolla makeup studio hopes to change the cosmetic industry standard for the ladies of San Diego. Rock & Royal Makeup Studio, which opened at the end of September, is filling a void owner Kristen Hefti witnessed in the makeup industry during her 10 years as a professional makeup artist.
“I saw a need for the service without the purchase,” said Hefti. “I wanted to take away the mall aspect of getting your makeup done.”
Unlike makeup studios in malls and salons, Rock & Royal customers are not held to the same costly product purchase requirements and early appointment times. Hefti said she wanted to create her own studio where she could keep prices low and provide quality service to her customers by focusing solely on makeup application.
The studio is open late Thursday through Saturday to cater to the late schedules of San Diego’s party girls. Hefti aims for Rock & Royal to become a part of girls’ night out where you can stop to get dolled-up with girlfriends and enjoy a glass of wine or champagne to begin the night. By offering a flat rate for makeup application she hopes to incorporate their services into girls' normal routine for nights out on the town.
Rock & Royal provides a range of services, including a travel team for weddings or special events, discounted pricing for young girls, personal consultations, lessons, makeovers, and headshot packages for in-studio makeup and photography.
The next time you want to look your best, whether it’s a birthday or date night, schedule an appointment to visit Rock & Royal Makeup Studio located on Fay Avenue.
Rock & Royal Makeup Studio
- Address: 7760 Fay Ave., Ste. R, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-456-ROCK
- Email: Info@RockAndRoyalMakeupStudio.com
- Website: RockAndRoyalMakeupStudio.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/rockandroyalmakeupstudio
- Twitter: @RockRoyalMakeup
- Hours: 12-6 p.m. Wednesday, 12-8 p.m. Thursday, 12-9 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
- Payment Accepted: Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Parking: Street
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Services: Makeup application, headshots, lessons, consultations, travel team
- Prices: Makeup application $40, eyes only $30, mini me makeup for 10 and under $15, headshots $150, private lesson $75-$85, makeover consultation $150, travel team $85-$125
- Appointments: Preferred
- Products: Professional makeup brushes, false eyelashes, mineral makeup
- Brands: Glominerals, Bdellium Tools
- Owner: Kristen Hefti
- Opening Date: Sept. 29, 2012