The new board of directors for the La Jolla Village Merchants Association was announced Friday. The association represents the 1,200 businesses that pay a Business Improvement District assessment in La Jolla.
A total of 15 positions were available. Local businesses had till Feb. 17 to vote from more than 30 candidates. The new leaders will manage the Business Improvement District that is temporarily being managed by the city.
The first meeting of the newly formed merchants association is 8:30 a.m., Feb. 24 at the La Jolla public library.
The New Board of Directors:
Term ending October 2013
- Tom Brady of La Jolla Cottage Rentals
- Egon Kafka of La Jolla Lodge
- Robert Lane of La Jolla Light
- Kevin Smith of Extreme Pizza
- Nancy Warwick of Warwick’s
Term ending October 2012
- Phil Coller of Everett Stunz
- Sheila Fortune of Aquamoreé
- Byran King of Karl Strauss Brewery
- Michelle Lerach of Cups
- Scott Levin of Blue Book Publishers
Term ending October 2011
- Claudette Berwin of Gallery Properties
- Kate Brainard of Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy
- Glidia Holland of Glidia Salon
- Tal O’Farrell of Endless Summer Enterprises/Wahoo’s Fish Taco
Tie for last seat with a term ending October 2011: (Director will be chosen by lottery Feb. 24)