Written by Margie Palmer
Nativa Furniture may
be new to La Jolla, but the company has been making a name for itself for more
than a decade. The company was
first established in 2000 when the Scolari Family decided to start importing
solid wood furniture from Argentina.
Today, the business has showrooms in La Jolla and Solana Beach along with several factories in Latin America. The designers work with thousands of fabrics and leathers, to help ensure that each piece can be custom ordered for finishes, sizes and detailing options.
Nativa specializes in Spanish and transitional solid wood furniture crafted in black ironwood, Peruvian mahogany and American black walnut woods. The company also plays very close attention to the types of materials they use in order to minimize their carbon footprint. All of the woods they work with are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified or are harvested responsibly.
- Business Name: Nativa Furniture
- Address: 7770 Girard Ave., La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 877-5NATIVA (562-8482)
- Web: nativafurniture.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/nativa.furniture
- Twitter: @NativaInteriors
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday
- Payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, debit cards, cash, checks
- Product: Furniture for every room in the home including bedroom, home office, living room and dining room.
- Brands: South Cone Home, Theodore Alexander, Lee, Nathan Anthony, Palecek, Peacock Alley, Keno Brothers, American Leather and Ekornes
- Services: Furniture rental and sales, custom interior design. Will ship if needed.
- Parking: Street
- Accessibility: Ground level
- Owner: The Scolari Family
- Opening Date: August 18, 2013