Here are three ways to celebrate this delicious holiday:
1. Make a giant bowl of the dip at home. The Huffington Post has an excellent recipe and how-to article: How To Make The Best Guacamole: Tips And Mistakes To Avoid.
2. Skip the grocery store and go straight to the restaurant. La Jolla has numerous restaurants that serve up the green stuff. Here are 10 suggestions:
- Alfonso's of La Jolla at 1251 Prospect St., La Jolla
- Chipotle at 1055 Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla
- Don Bravo at 5504 La Jolla Blvd., La Jolla
- Don Carlo Taco Shop at 737 Pearl St., La Jolla
- Jose's Courtroom at 1037 Prospect St., La Jolla
- Porkyland at 1030 Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla
- Puesto at 1026 Wall St., La Jolla
- Su Casa at 6738 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla
- Wahoo's Fish Taco at 637 Pearl St., La Jolla
- Verdes El Ranchero at 7404 La Jolla Blvd., La Jolla
3. If you have a great recipe you can share. After all, sharing is caring. Share your recipe with all of us in our virtual cookbook! Email recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.