Cos Bar, supplier of luxury cosmetic products, recently opened its newest branch location in La Jolla in October 2012.
The boutique began as a single store in Aspen, Colo. nearly 25 years ago. Since then, owner and president Lily Garfield has opened 13 branch stores in eight states, with four locations in California.
"Cos Bar delivers a luxury beauty experience with out the pressure of the retail giants," said Store Manager Christine Sandoval.
Unlike department store cosmetic counters that promote a single vendor, Cos Bar encourages its customers to mix it up. Patrons have the freedom to browse behind the counters and test different brands until they find the product right for them.
Their extensive line of name-brand products include makeup by Laura Mercier, skin care by Natura Bisse and fragrances by Clive Christian. Some brands like Bobbi Brown and Tom Ford are only available in store.
The store will host make-up artists, gifts with purchase and daily beauty giveaways during its week-long Spring into Beauty event March 23-30.
For more information visit cosbar.com or call 858-456-6249.
- Address: 7912 Girard Ave., San Diego, CA 92037
- Neighborhood: Village of La Jolla
- Phone: 858-456-6249
- Web: cosbar.com
- Facebook: Cos Bar Cosmetic Boutique
- Twitter: @CosBar
- Hours: Mon- Sat: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sun: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Payment: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, debit and cash
- Parking: Street parking
- Products: Luxury skin care, men's skin care, makeup, fragrances, bath and body
- Brands: Tom Ford, Bobby Brown, Lamer, Clinique, Cle de Peau Beaute, YSL, Revive, Armani, Claudio Riaz, etc.
- Services: Make up and skin care consultations, lash application, facials
- Date opened: October 2012
- Number of Stores: 13
- Owner: Lily Garfield