A new fitness studio that incorporates music, dance, stretching and weights opened in La Jolla Monday morning. And Cardio Barre La Jolla sets out to be a bar about the rest.
Cardio Barre classes are aerobics at a ballet bar. Cardio Barre La Jolla Owner Cristiana Jebran explained that classes are a no impact, fat-burning, sculpting class with ballet elements and light weights. She said there is no jumping, kicking or running – just exercises that lengthen and strengthen muscles.
“I think it going to be a great fit in the community,” said Jebran, who started Cardio Barre classes in L.A. several years ago. She spoke about her own transformation of slimming down and improving her posture.
The La Jolla studio is Cardio Barre’s 11 location and first in San Diego County. The sensation started in Los Angeles and spread south into Orange County and now San Diego with the opening of the La Jolla studio.
The Cardio Barre classes have been written about in Self magazine, Women’s Health, Fitness magazine and People. The classes have several celebrity fans. Dakota Fanning, Jenna Elfman, Samantha Harris and Lucy Lawless all provided endorsements to these classes.
Classes are free at Cardio Barre La Jolla through August 3. Stop in for a class to try it yourself. A grand opening will be celebrated at 11 a.m., August 4.
- Address: 7580 Fay Ave., #107, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-454-1954
- Web: cardiobarre.com
- Classes: Seven days a week. Currently at 8:30 a.m. Monday through Saturday; 9:30 a.m. Sunday through Saturday; 10:30 a.m. Sunday through Saturday; 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Registration: Sign up for classes at the studio.
- Class Size: Private or group classes. Group class size up to 36 students.
- Price: A single class is $16. Class packs can be purchased in 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 class increments.
- Ages: 16 and up
- Retail: Cardio wear, towels, water and a Cardio Barre kit for the home or travel.
- Parking: Street
Know of a new business in La Jolla? Let La Jolla Patch about it. Email La Patch at firstname.lastname@example.org.