If you’ve found yourself strolling along the north end of Prospect Street recently, you’d be hard pressed to have not been drawn into Arte de Origen.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the company, they custom produce and design unique objects inspired on images from different Mexican and Latin American cultures. These include items such as carpets, boxes, furniture, mirrors and sculptures and everything is made integrally by hand. Their artists work primarily with paper, fabrics, metal, paints, patinas and lacquer.
Upon closer look, you’ll notice they use a collage technique on numerous paintings, wall art and even foot stools. To do this, small pieces of paper are cut by hand to create the layout of each object. This ensures that every creation is unique.
Ultimately, Arte de Origen strives to show how unique pieces can be created when they are done so with sensitivity and meaning.
- Business Name: Arte de Origen
- Address: 1260 Prospect St., La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-458-2200
- Web: artedeorigen.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Arte-de-Origen
- Twitter: @artedeorigen
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday
- Payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, debit cards, cash, checks.
- Product: Custom paintings, pottery, sculptures, jewelry, textiles, feather art and furniture.
- Services: Will ship if needed.
- Parking: Street
- Accessibility: Ground level
- Owner: Rodrigo Rubin
- Opening Date: Sept. 14, 2013