Pizza lovers rejoice. Amici's East Coast Pizzeria is opening in the old Panini Cafe space on Prospect Street on Tuesday. Amici's has been serving up crispy brick oven East Coast style pies and other Italian food in California for more than 20 years.
This is Amici's first Southern California location. It has 12 locations in the Bay Area and another abroad.
The restaurant space is large, with seating for 146, and a liquor license for beer and wine is in the works.
Management at Amici's told Patch last week that it prides itself on freshness. It takes out delivery orders one order at a time. No pizzas or pasta will be touring La Jolla from the backseat of a delivery vehicle.
At the restaurant, dine in and take out are also all made to order. The dough is made in-house and pizzas cook in just 4 minutes in Amici's super hot dome ovens.
- Address: 811 Prospect St., La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-729-9988
- Facebook:Amici's East Coast Pizzeria
- Twitter: @AmicisBestPizza
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday–Thursday; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Payment: American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, Debit, Cash
- Seating: Indoor and outdoor
- Menu: amicis.com/menu.asp
- Specialities: Pizza, pastas, soup, salad and desserts
- Most popular menu items: Amici's Combo Pizza with pepperoni, meatball, bacon, sauteed mushrooms and black olives; and the Trentino pizza with mozzerlla, parmasan, crumbled feta, baby spinach, red onions, pancetta, herbs and meyer lemon olive oil
- Dietary: Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free menu items
- Delivery: Will deliver to La Jolla, Pacific Beach and UTC
- Take-Out: Can order over the phone or online
- Handicap Accessible: Yes, side ramp
- Parking: Lot and street