Bardot Bars isn’t your ordinary ice cream parlor. The boutique ice cream shop, which serves only ice cream bars, was designed to appeal to all five senses. Owner Xavier Briseno owned 25 gelatarias in Mexico and decided to take ice cream to a whole new level here in the U.S. Briseno said everything from the smell of the shop to the music was designed to lure customers in and try to uncover the Bardot Bar mystery.
Here's the secret. Each bar is hand dipped in chocolate and filled with gourmet ice cream. Briseno said every bar was designed to create a balance of ingredients. Unlike frozen yogurt shops where topping combinations take over, sacrificing taste and texture.
Briseno hopes to attract adults, but children are always welcome to try the kids collection of bars. Starting next week, Briseno will have a photo booth available and is free for those who purchase two or more bars.
Briseno describes Bardot in two words, “cool and sexy.” One reason why he decided to open his first store in La Jolla is because, “customers here are open to try new things.”
- Address: 1025 Prospect St., La Jolla, CA 92037
- Phone: 858-456-1625
- Web: bardotbars.com
- Facebook: BardotBars
- Twitter: @BardotBars
- Hours: Open 7 days a week, noon to 10:30 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cash and Debit
- Parking: Street Parking
- Prices: Classic Bar $5.40, Bardot Bar $5.80, Kids Bar, $2.20
- Ice Cream Flavors: Chocolate, mint, coffee, blackberry, cookies and cream, toasted almond, coconut, ripe soursop fruit, strawberry, raspberry
- Services: Photo booth/pictures - free with a purchase of two bars