Forget Art in the Park! It’s all about Art in the Pines.
is back in its third year at Torrey Pines Reserve. Put on by the Torrey Pines Natural Reserve Docent Society and Torrey Pines Association, the annual event is a unique opportunity to experience art in nature.
The two-day event will feature:
- a professionally judged Plein Air contest with an awards ceremony
- artists’ booths (with a variety of media for sale, like sculptures, drawing and photography)
- open air galleria exhibiting nature-inspired art for sale
- live music
- children’s nature and art activities
- an opportunity drawing for donated artwork
- guided nature walks
- tours of the historic Torrey Pines Lodge
- expert demonstrations in several different artistic mediums
Did you catch all that?
Art in the Pines is a great opportunity for individuals, community organizations, foundations and more to support children’s nature programs at the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve.
Ready to experience the breath-taking event known as Art in the Pines? Visit the free festival, which will be held at the Reserve just south of the Lodge, on the first weekend of May:
- May 5: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- May 6: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
A free shuttle will run from the Reserve’s North Beach and South Beach parking lots. Parking lots are $10 per car or a valid annual pass.
And be sure to stay in the local loop by subscribing to our newsletter — every morning we’ll deliver La Jolla news, announcements, blogs and calendar events right to your inbox.