Whether you’re an educator, a member, a non-member or collector, the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego (MCASD) in La Jolla has something for you this month.
Listed below are three exhibits or events you can attend at the local art museum. You can click on the links for additional information and check out what each has to offer below. We won’t tell if you go to all three.
- When: April 12, 5:30 p.m.
- What: Teachers and educators can pay a visit to the museum for a special pre-screening social. Art21 will premiere at 7 p.m., (see below) but those who pave the way for our children can enjoy some refreshments on the terrace and a chat with Art21’s Jonathan Munar before the premiere!
- Cost: Free
- When: April 12 at 7 p.m. for Episode 1 and for the entire season.
- What: See the first episode of the entire season of Art in the 21st Century at MCASD La Jolla. You’ll learn about artists like El Anatsui, David Altmejd and Robert Mangold through this series. You’ll also see exposed historical art events, the transformation of art and more, all before anyone else sees it!
- Cost: This screening is free to non-members and members.
- When: April 23 through May 30 during MCASD hours.
- What: See a special exhibit of art by artists like by Spencer Finch, Jack Whitten, Cathy Opie and Sam Durant that is up for consideration for acquisition by members of Contemporary Collectors and International Collectors.
- Cost: $10 general admission; $5 for seniors and those 26 and older; free for members, 25 and under and military.
And be sure to stay in the local loop by subscribing to our newsletter — every morning we’ll deliver La Jolla news, announcements, blogs and calendar events right to your inbox.