It’s mid-July, which means summer is halfway over. Leave your sulking at home and get out this weekend for some neighborhood fun. Who knows? You just might forget that you’re one week closer to the unofficial end of the season.
We’ve got the best bets for this weekend's activities, from July 15-17. La Jolla is offering up plenty of kid-friendly activities, including one that will give you some much-needed alone time with your significant other. And if you’re itching to get out of town for the day, downtown San Diego has a new museum exhibit to explore and a pride parade with which to celebrate.
If you’re feeling productive, you can head to the Federal Building downtown for some taxpayer help. But we won’t hold it against you if you’re already booked all day Saturday.
Click the links for more details.
BEST BETS CLOSE TO HOME
- When/where: , 615 Prospect St., La Jolla, 5-8:30 p.m. Friday.
- Why go: Send your kids out for the night so you and your spouse can spend some alone time together in.
- Price: $15
- When/where: , 780 Prospect St., La Jolla, 3-5 p.m. Saturday.
- Why go: Join the La Jolla Historical Society for games, ice cream and socializing.
- Price: Suggested donation of $5.
- When/where: , the intersection of Coast Boulevard and Girard Avenue, La Jolla, 7-9:30 p.m. Friday.
- Why go: Take a tour of Scripps, dissect a squid, learn about marine life after dark and make organisms glow in the night.
- Price: $22-$25.
- When/where: , 10640 John J Hopkins Dr., San Diego, 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Why go: Enjoy the musical talent of pianist Gustavo Romero.
- Price: $30-$160.
BEST BETS, A LITTLE FARTHER OUT
- When/where: Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 N. Harbor Dr., San Diego, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Daily.
- Why go: Get transported back to the 16th century aboard the San Salvador.
- Price: Free with general museum admission ($5-$14).
- When/where: Balboa Park, the intersection of 6th Avenue and Laurel Street, San Diego, 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Why go: Celebrate LGBT pride at this cultural event that features music, information and food.
- Price: $5-$30.
- When/where: Federal Building, 880 Front St, San Diego, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Why go: Get much-needed help with your taxes and all your questions answered.
- Price: Free.