Xcite Steps presents The Xcite Players Drama Troupe ... an opportunity for teens ages 13+ who experience cognitive disabilities such as aspergers, high functioning autism, PDD- NOS, MDD, CDD,social anxieties, or minor disabilities to be part of a social drama program. The program will serve as a safe and appropriate emotional and physical outlet for creative expression and the practice of daily life skills. Each participant will feel a sense of personal accomplishment and develop self-confidence. The short term outcome is a wonderful presentation on the final week and the long term outcome is increased socialization w/ peers and adults!
• Gross motor skills and planning through movement.
• Speech and language through fun vocal exercises.
• Memory agility through patterns and acting.
• Recognizing body language + facial expressions through group games.
• Focus and concentration skills.
• Sensory integration and body awareness.
• Group dynamics through turn-taking and transitions.
• Self expression through creative play.
• Overall confidence with being in a group.