Wondering what is in your food? Join a free event on UC San Diego's campus on Tuesday to learn about GMOs and Proposition 37, a state measure on the November ballot that would require clear labels letting consumers know if foods are genetically modified.
UCSD's Student Sustainability Collective will host an evening of dialogue surrounding GMOs. The event, which starts at 6:30 p.m. in UCSD Price Theater, includes a panel discussion, Q&A session and organic snacks.
- Jeffrey Smith: Founder of the Institute for Responsible Technology and author of bestsellers Seeds of Deception and Genetic Roulette, a newly released documentary
- David Schubert: Salk Institute professor and cellular neurobiology Head
- Joy Houston: Author of The Delicious Revolution and certified chef in the science of raw food nutrition
- Isabel Cruz: Farmer, renowned Chef, and owner of local eateries, such as Barrio Star
- Nancy Casady: Manager of the OB People’s Food co-op and Appointed Member of the California State Board of Food and Agriculture
- Michelle Lerach: Owner of Cups Organic Bakery and Sustainable Food Advocate
Read more about Michelle Lerach's activism here: La Jollan Fights for Prop 37
After the panelists share their insight, the floor will be opened for attendees to comment and ask questions.