New Year’s Eve is a time for celebrating the ending of one year and the coming of the next. Some like to celebrate by indulging in an elegant night on the town, while others enjoy the wilder atmosphere of a collective countdown complete with party hats, horns, and champagne.
No matter how you would like to say farewell to 2012, La Jolla has an event for you. La Jolla’s top culinary talents have specially prepared mouthwatering menus for the foodies, and local DJs are ready to spin some of their best tunes for those who are ready to lace up their dancing shoes.
Patch has compiled a list of some of the best events going on in La Jolla for New Year’s Eve, and wishes you all a happy and safe New Year!
- Location and Time: Marriott La Jolla, 4240 La Jolla Village Dr., La Jolla, CA from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Price: $85-$200, $25 for children under 10 years old. Click here to purchase tickets, or call 619-487-0000.
- Why go: Celebrate New Year's Eve with Royal India and all the excitement and livliness of Bollywood, as you dance the night away on one of Southern California's largest dance floors and with a world-class Bollywood DJ. This is also a kid friendly event, so the whole family can have fun together. Guests can also recieve negotiated prices on Marriott hotel rooms so there's no need to worry about fighting for a taxi ride home.
- Location and Time: Finch’s Bistro & Wine Bar, 7644 Girard Ave., La Jolla, CA. All evening.
- Price: $65 for 3-course meal, optional $25 wine and champagne pairings. Call 858-456-4056 for reservations.
- Why go: For a romantic, and not to mention delicious, way to celebrate the New Year, enjoy a dinner date with that someone special. Finch’s Chef Mario will prepare a decadent three-course prix fixe menu, and what is New Year’s Eve without champagne? Give a toast to 2012 and enjoy the specially selected wine and champagne pairing.
- Location and Time: Barfly La Jolla, 909 Prospect St. #100, La Jolla, CA from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Price: $25/per person, $600-$800 for bottle service. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Why go: For those looking to party the night away, Barfly is where you want to be. Barfly is La Jolla’s nightlife hot spot, and will be ringing in the New Year with good music and good friends. Celebrate the end of 2012 dancing to the beats of DJ Ayeena and DJ Gigi and with a midnight champagne toast.
- Location and Time: The Marine Room, 2000 Spindrift Dr., La Jolla, CA. The first seating is at 5:30-6:15 p.m., second seating at 8:30-9 p.m.
- Price: $85/person first seating, $150/person second seating, call 866-644-2351 for reservations.
- Why go: The Marine Room will be set for a night of elegant wining and dining, offering two dinner options. Enjoy an early dinner with the three-course prix fixe chef’s menu, or guests can enjoy the later seating and indulge on a five-course le diner menu, and live music and dancing from Whitney Shay and her band.
- Location and Time: Herringbone, 7837 Herschel Ave., La Jolla, CA at 5 p.m.
- Price: $95 full caviar service or $185/ounce, $75/person for dinner. Call 858-459-0221 for reservations.
- Why go: Herringbone’s Chef Amanda Baumgarten (a Top Chef alum) has prepared a special menu to celebrate Herringbone’s first New Year’s Eve dinner in La Jolla. Enter the New Year feeling full and happy with the menu Herringbone has created; and if you’re feeling especially fancy, they will be offering a full caviar service.
- Location and Time: NINE-TEN Restaurant and Bar, 910 Prospect St., La Jolla, CA from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
- Price: $80/person four-courses or $120 with wine pairings, $100/person for six-courses or $150 with wine pairings. Call 858-964-5400 for reservations.
- Why go: Grab a group of friends and take a one-night vacation in your own town. Enjoy a delicious four or six-course prix fixe menu, paired with an excellent wine selection and stay at the four diamond Grande Colonial hotel for a nice relaxing New Year’s Eve vacation without the hassle of traveling. Nine-Ten will be serving up a New Yea’s day brunch the next morning from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to wrap up your holiday stay-cation.
- Location: Roppongi Restaurant & Sushi Bar, 875 Prospect St., La Jolla, CA
- Price: $72 for the four-course prix fix menu. Click here to make reservations
- Why go: Roppongi's four-course prix fix menu includes surf & turf or wild sea bass and sea scallops. The menu alone is enough to entice you to make a reservation right now, but add in live music and a champagne toast at midnight, and Roppongi is a guaranteed good time for NYE.
- Location and Time: The Turquoise Bar Café Europa, 873 Turquoise St., San Diego, CA at 7 p.m.
- Price: $70 early bird tickets, $150 at the door. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Why go: The name says it all! The Turquoise, in North Pacific Beach, will be alive and buzzing on New Year’s Eve, with an event they describe as “a sexy but classy celebration, party all night and don’t hold back.” Your ticket includes a tapas buffet from 7-10 p.m., wine, champagne, party favors, live music, French can-can live show, and all night dancing with the energetic dance band, Hot Blood Orkestar.
- Location and Time: The Comedy Palace, 8878 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA. Selct the 6:30 p.m. early dinner and show, or 9:30 p.m. countdown dinner and show.
- Price: $50-$100. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Why go: What better way to ring in the New Year than with laughter? The Comedy Palace has all the ingredients for a good night: table service, full bar, 5 comedians, and a champagne toast at midnight, and of course, dancing!