Emily Nguyen isn't your average teenager. Although most 17 year-olds spend their spare time hanging out with friends or hitting up the beach, this aspiring business major asked her parents if they'd help her open up her own shop.
Nguyen isn't a stranger to small business ownership. What initially started as a booth at the La Jolla Open Air Market has since grown to a Girard Avenue storefront. She and her sister create many of the boutique's handmade scarves, headbands and accessories. Her grandmother, we're told, also lends her sewing skills to Nguyen's venture and provides certain other items to the store's shelves.
Nguyen said she intends to pursue a business degree once she graduates from high school.
Our Favorite Things:
- Address: 7514 Girard Ave., Ste. 4, La Jolla, CA. (On the ground floor of the building next to .)
- Phone: 858-224-2476
- Web: emilysfavoritethings.com
- Facebook: Our Favorite Things
- Payments accepted: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Checks, Travelers Checks
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Sunday
- Products offered: headbands, scarves, jewelry, electronics accessories, skin care, pet gifts
- Parking: Street
- Handicap accessible: Yes
- Offers shipping: Yes
- Owner: Emily Nguyen
Know of a new business in La Jolla? Let us know about it. Email La Jolla Patch Editor Michelle Mowad at firstname.lastname@example.org