New Year’s Eve is a time to let down your hair, put on your sequin-splattered dress and pop the champagne. It’s like a bonus Mardi Gras, so live it up!
We’ve listed some places, both local and far, for adults (that means 21 and over) to get down and celebrate the ending of one year and the beginning of another.
Make sure you call up your preferred option to ensure tickets are left, as these events sell out fast! Click on each link for additional information.
Have a happy and safe New Year!
La Jolla Celebrations
- Location and Time: , 7644 Girard Ave. on Dec. 31 at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Price: $75 per person three-course prix fixe menu.
- Why go: Those looking for good eats can have a three-course meal at Finch's. Choose from multiple options for each course and if you're feeling splurge-y, opt for the additional wine and champagne pairings for an additional $35 per person. You'll enter 2012 with a satisfied belly and palate. Plus there is live music and party favors.
- Location and Time: Your house, Dec. 31 at 11 a.m.
- Price: $149 per person.
- Why go: La Jolla Wine Tours will pick you up from your house or hotel and take you on a six-hour wine tour, filled with food, fun and wine tips. It's a great way to spend your New Year's Eve day without worrying about transportation or crowded ballrooms.
- Location and Time: 5662 La Jolla Blvd., seating from 8 to 9 p.m.
- Price: $75 per person
- Why go: Come for dinner, stay for a good time. The night includes dinner, champagne and party favor in addition to live music by local legend December’s Child until 2 a.m. and late night snacks.
- Location and Time: 1132 Prospect St., on Dec. 31, dinner 5 to 9 p.m. and party 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Price: Dinner is $59 per person. Party is $50 to $75.
- Why go: Dine and dance the night away in one great location. The hotel's La Sala Lounge will serve as ground zero for the festivies including music by Wayne Foster and La Valencia tapas and drinks. Or ring in the new year with an all-inclusive package for two - $549.
- Location and Time: 909 Prospect St., on Dec. 31 with doors at 8 p.m.
- Price: $30 presale tickets are left. Click here to buy.
- Why go: DJ Ayeena will be spinning all night. Plus, Barfly teamed up with to offer a package deal for celebrating without the need for a car or cab. In addition, dinner and entrance for a couple is $200 or $125 if you go stag.
- Location and Time: 2000 Spindrift Dr., on Dec. 31 with seatings at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Price: $75 for the first seating, $135 for the second seating
- Why go: Location, location, location. Not only will you dine on food prepared by Executive Chef Bernard Guillas, sip champagne while enjoying an ocean view and dance the night away to live music, but you can take a late night walk on the private beach.
Other county celebrations
- Location and Time: Hilton Bayfront, 1 Park Blvd, San Diego on Dec. 31 from 9 p.m.-3 a.m.
- Price: $130 and $200 tickets are left. Click here to buy.
- Why go: Cost of tickets include all drinks and food, as well as all the dance parties. This is a great all-inclusive New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Location and Time: USS Midway, 910 N. Harbor Dr., San Diego on Dec. 31 from 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Price: $169, tax and gratuity are included.
- Why go: All USS Midway Museum Members get a $25 discount on the ticket price. And guests get to view the firework show on the bay from the deck of the flight carrier as well as enjoy an open premium bar, elegant dinner buffet and live music from The Big Daddy Orchestra.
- Location and Time: , 1500 Orange Ave., Coronado on Dec. 31 at 7 p.m.
- Price: $275 per person; $325 per person for preferred ring-side seating.
- Why go: Spend the evening in the gorgeous, iconic Hotel Del for a champagne reception in the Crown Room followed by a lavish dinner in the Ballroom, dancing and a champagne toast at midnight.
- Location and Time: The House of Blues San Diego, 1055 5th Ave., San Diego on Dec. 31 from 9 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Price: $25-$35. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Why go: Wear your best masquerade (or grab one for free while you’re there) and live up the last night of 2011 with free food, champagne, a photo booth and more. DJs and dancing will fill up three rooms at the HOB and tickets sell out fast.
- Location and Time: Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens, 1999 Citracado Pkwy., Escondido on Dec. 31 from 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Price: $175, plus you can get a Designated Driver for $99. Click here to buy tickets.
- Why go: three DJs will get you moving and complimentary beer and drinks will keep things festive. Food like sushi, seafood and a mac and cheese bar will keep the grumbles away and vintage Stone beers will be poured. Guests will take home a commemorative glass.
- Location and Time: The Comedy Palace, 8878 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.. San Diego on Dec. 31 at 9:30 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Price: $50-$100. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Why go: Laugh off 2011 with a comedy show and a dinner buffet with open bar. There will also be a champagne toast at the stroke of midnight and plenty of dancing, so wear comfy shoes!
- Location and Time: Triple Deck Yacht, 1800 N. Harbor Dr. San Diego on Dec. 31 from 8 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Price: $179, but price increases as availability decreases. Click here to buy tickets.
- Why go: All tickets include access to all three levels of the giant yacht and delicious passed and displayed appetizers. All levels of the yacht will have different music for dancing and champagne will be given once you board. Party hats and favors will be handed out and you can watch the firework show from atop the boat.
- Location and Time: Catamaran Resort Hotel Pacific Beach, 3999 Mission Blvd., San Diego on Dec. 31 from 8 p.m.-1:30 a.m.
- Price: $140-$160. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Why go: Ticket prices include drinks and foods, plus four rooms of entertainment. Guests can upgrade to the VIP ticket ($160) where they can step on a boat and play casino games and have additional entertainment.
- Location and Time: San Diego Marriott Gaslamp, 660 K St., San Diego on Dec. 31 at 8 p.m.
- Price: $150. Click here to purchase.
- Why go: This NYE celebration starts at the bottom and works its way. The party starts at street-level at Soleil @k and Latitude Lounge and ends 22 stories in the sky. As you work your way up, you’ll enjoy a sushi bar, carving stations, assorted desserts and a chocolate fountain and much more. DJs will keep you moving and groovin’.