1. Spend an evening with pianist and Gold Medal Winner of the Tchaikovsky Competition Daniil Trifonov in La Jolla. Trifonov is La Jolla Summerfest’ latest performer at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla at 7:30 p.m., tonight. Tickets are $45-$65.
2. Try a free Hatha Chair Yoga class at the La Jolla Library at 12:30 p.m. today. The class, led by Sandy Levin, is great for individuals who have difficulty standing or sitting on the floor. The library is located at 7555 Draper Ave. in La Jolla.
3. Your opportunity to travel to the Approximately Infinite Universe, which is also at the MCASD in La Jolla, ends soon. The exhibition, which is inspired by science fiction and features 17 artists, is on display through Sept. 1. The museum is open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily and closed on Wednesday.
4. Take a private swim lesson at Coggan Pool. The community pool offers private lessons for individual’s aged 3 and up. Lessons are offered year-round, 7-days a week. Each lesson is 25 minutes and cost $39 per lesson, $135 for five lessons or $250 for 10 lessons. Inquire at the front desk for information about enrollment or call 858-456-0945.
5. The National Weather Service forecasts patchy fog before 11 a.m. today. The day will be otherwise cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.