Here are 5 Things of interest to La Jolla residents:
1. It is Free Thursday at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla. On the third Thursday of every month from 5 to 7 p.m., visitors receive free admission to the Museum, plus free themed Gallery Guide-led tours beginning at 5 and 6 p.m.
2. You’ve almost made it to the weekend. Why not enjoy $2.75 Bud Light and Coors Light drafts at The Shack? The Shack offers happy hour daily from 3 to 7 p.m. Specials include $1 off appetizers, $3 well drinks, $5 wine and champagne and $3.25 Tecate.
3. The Athenaeum’s Flicks on the Bricks series will show Cinema Paradiso (1989). Individual screening tickets are $17 for members and $22 for nonmembers and are available online or by calling 858-454-5872. Moviegoers must be 21 or older.
4. Have you ever been coffee tasting? It’s like wine tasting, but with coffee and you can try it in La Jolla at Bird Rock Coffee Roasters. Every Friday, the local shop hosts a “cupping” event at 10:30 a.m. to teach you about flavors and brewing. The catch is that you need to sign up by Thursday. Call them at 858-551-1707 to reserve a spot.
5. Today’s forecast is partly sunny, with a high near 72. The National Weather Forecast calls for calm winds becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.